I give you the Top Ten Inside the Beltway Stories of 2005:
- The National Zoo's Baby Giant Panda born July 9th.
- After eleven years without change on the Supreme Court: A Game of Musical Chairs - O'Connor Retires, Roberts Nominated, Rehnquist Dies, Roberts Re-Nominated, Roberts Confirmed, Miers Nominated, Miers Withdraws, Alito Nominated.
- President George W. Bush's 2nd Inauguration.
- Democrats demand withdrawal from Iraq, then vote against it.
- President Bush's lowest approval ratings remain higher than his predecessors'.
- John Bolton receives recess appointment to become U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.
- TAE: "The 1,587th death in Iraq provokes no major display of eye-catching graphics in the Western media, as it is not a round number."
- D.C. loses a lawsuit against the U.S. Constitution.
- Snowman with a giant head.
- D.C. ranked 13th most dangerous city, behind Baltimore, Richmond, and ten others.
Technorati Tags: DC, 2005