Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Free File" Your Taxes

As I mentioned earlier in "Two More Days to Put Off Doing Your Taxes", the IRS has created a "Free File Alliance" of companies that provide free electronic tax filing subject to certain qualifications:
for millions of eligible taxpayers, with an Adjusted Gross Income of $50,000 or less, there is Free File. Free File is online tax preparation and electronic filing through a partnership agreement between the IRS and the Free File Alliance, LLC. In other words, you can e-file... free.
I used TurboTax's version last year. There was some problem that required me to print out the forms and mail them in instead of submitting them electronically, but even that was easier than doing it all by hand.

Now, send me my W-2's so I can get my money back!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: