Thursday, November 03, 2005

Knife Control for DC?

(Tuesday) Knife-wielding man slashes at four outside White House

Aknife-wielding man slashed at four people in a park near the White House and two were taken to hospital, police said.

"A suspect was arrested by the uniformed division of the Secret Service and handed over to Park Police," US Park Police Lieutenant Phil Beck told AFP...

Beck said that shortly before noon, a man slashed at four persons, who called for help from a police officer patrolling in Lafayette Park, just north of the White House...

DC has the most restrictive gun laws in the country, now will they try anti-knife laws too?

3 comments:

Nick said...

There aren't any people in DC? This is an interesting development.

Nick said...

Yes, the 2nd and 10th Amendments are written differently.

DC, as an entity, cannot claim rights granted to the states for the simple reason that it is not a state. I was under the impression that people did in fact live in DC, and as people would retain the rights of the people. Although, I think it would be great if I could have the rights of a state. I could have my very own senators.

April said...

I had to drive in DC on Saturday....let me tell you...there are LOTS of people living there.